I'm sorry I've been sucking lately at posting. I thought the holidays were going to be sort of quiet at work, but I was wrong. Probably because I was out of the office for half of last week for Thanksgiving, and half of this week for another meeting in New Jersey. It was great to see my family twice in the same month... but now I'm paying for it at work. I really shouldn't even be typing this, but I just spent over a minute staring at my list of favorites, unable to locate "Fedex login" in the list, even though it is in alphabetical order. So I figured a small break would do me some good.
I've been thinking about a few posts, such as:
- My car. It has a phobia of the holidays, which is proved by dying the day before Thanksgiving. Much like it died the day before Christmas once.
- Shadow, world's awesomest cat. She is old, she is deaf and blind and partially crippled, but she still kicks ass. Some day, maybe soon, we are going to have to make a decision about her, and I don't know if I can do it.
- I read this post by Dooce, about how she is a compulsive worrier and one of her worst fears is losing her dog, and I think that we might be long-lost sisters. But I'm not sure if I'm willing to admit the depth of the crazy streak that runs in me on the innernets yet.
- I love my Tivo. So, so very much.
- I may love my Tivo a little too much. When we finished watching Jericho last night, and saw that it was the last new episode of the fall season, I actually turned to Joel and said, "Oh no! Now what are we going to do with our nights?" Is that bad?
- I just had a surreal conversation with the receptionist at my chiropractor's office.
So, when things lighten up, I'll write about one of those things, or something totally random that I feel like talking about instead. Now you have something to look forward to. You're welcome.